Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A commitment to myself

My workouts have been great for 2+ weeks now. Unfortunately though, my eating has not been as clean as it can be. My eating is not as bad as it used to be when I was 300lbs. I'm not eating things like bagels, muffins, ice cream or pizza. However, my body really cannot handle what a normal body can. When I eat things like wheat wraps and goldfish crackers, I don't lose weight. I'm on Prednisone and also stopped my thyroid medicine, per my doctor, and both of these make the weight issue an uphill battle.

I'm putting in the effort and training so hard to be ready for 12/13/14, so now it's also time to ensure I start losing weight. I'm going back to the original diet for 2 weeks - the diet that started my whole weight loss success. I've started this and stopped it within the first few days a few times recently, so the point of this post is to hold myself accountable.

I already prepared my salad for lunch today so that I can grab it and eat it with one hand. I'm going to have to "pack" my lunches ahead of time. Yesterday's lunch ended up being goldfish crackers, raisins, and Brazil nuts. Things I could grab one-handed because Harper's in a stage where she will NOT be put down in the crib. Baby anger is a real thing - that girl can scream

Dinner tonight will be ground turkey with vegetables. The challenge is going to be tomorrow. Day 2 always kills me. Tomorrow I plan to post pictures of all of my meals, so that I don't give up.

Also, things are looking up. I have some promising opportunities on the horizon. Hopefully 1 of the 3 will work out! I really like this quote below. I've been through a lot this year - losing my job, losing my Dad, and having a baby. The hard times have made me stronger and a more compassionate person - so there is some good to come out of it.



I WILL be back tomorrow to post pictures of the food on the diet. If not, I will have some explaining to myself to do. I want to do awesome in this half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment