Sunday, May 5, 2013

More fun in Dallas

On Wednesday night, after 8 hours of software training in a computer lab, I got to Crossfit again. So much fun working out with 30+ other people in another city!



After Crossfit, I had to get the mall to meet my coworker for dinner. The hotel shuttle was going to take 45 minutes to arrive, and the cab line was not answering their phone. I mapped it on my phone and it was only a mile, so I ran. It's amazing how great running feels when you are fully warmed up. I made it in 10 minutes - quickest form of transportation!

On Thursday Ed arrived in town and we went out to dinner at a Tex Mex place called Mi Cocina to celebrate his birthday. I probably gained a few pounds from this meal, but it was totally worth it.



On Friday after I finished up my training, we headed to Fort Worth. A girl in my training class had recommended checking out the Stockyards. It was a beautiful afternoon, and we had a great time walking around and soaking in the vibe.











After we finished wandering around, we headed to Arlington to go to the Red Sox game. Or as one of the Texans in my class corrected me - the Rangers game where the Sox were visiting. Ed was in sports stadium heaven. That's Cowboy Stadium next to the baseball stadium.



It was a perfect night for a ballgame, but just a little cold. It got down into the 50s.








It was all going well, until the Sox started losing, one run, two runs, and then a whole lot of Rangers crossing home plate. The game ended 7-0 Rangers. There was nothing for us to cheer! Dinner was pretty lame - a piece of chicken, ice cream, and peanuts. I probably could have tried harder to find better options. Oh well.



That morning we had booked a hotel in walking distance to the ballpark, so we headed back to the hotel after the game, and then watched the firework show from out hotel window. A fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment