Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Taste of Spring

Every year when Spring comes it's the greatest feeling. Today was a tease of what is to come. It was 50 degrees and sunny. It was still cold enough to wear a hat and gloves, but I got outside - twice! 

First we bundled Harper up and went to Castle Island. 

We only walked for about 10 or 15 minutes because I was worried it was too cold for her. I wish I had brought a better hat because the hood on the snow suit was very big. I'm a very nervous new mom... She didn't seem to mind though, she slept the whole time. 

I decided to go back out when we got home because I wanted a better "workout". I took Jaxson with me. It has been a rough few weeks for the poor guy, even though he does get to go to doggy daycare three times a week.

I definitely got my heart rate up for at least 30 minutes, especially on the long hill back to our house. Jaxson won't allow me to walk slowly. It may have been a little too much too soon though, which is disappointing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment