Monday, February 17, 2014

Baby Harper

Harper was born on 2/1/14 at 41 weeks and 1 day. Her birth weight was 8lbs and 1oz. She has red hair, which was a big surprise to me.
















Labor and delivery went better than I imagined it would (I am a pessimist). I was very anxious leading up to the day I went to the hospital for my induction. I guess that's why you should never google medical procedures - you're bound to find the one in a million horror stories. I went to the hospital on a Thursday night and it took about 24 hours for me to go into active labor.

Once I was in active labor though, I had an amazing epidural. I felt no pain, but was able to feel my contractions so I knew when to push. The nurses were so surprised by how fast everything moved after they broke my water, especially since the initial stages of the induction took a while.  Harper arrived 8 hours after they broke my water, with 45 minutes of pushing.

Recovery has been pretty easy so far, and 2 weeks later, I'm ready to start a walking routine for the next few weeks. The hard part is feeding her every 2-3 hours, especially when she takes an hour to eat!











































We're in love, but also very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment