Friday, February 28, 2014

The Ultimate Goal

After losing 160lbs and being in the best shape of my life,  it doesn't feel so great to have gained some of that back. Though, it was for a good reason.



On New Years, while I was still pregnant. I wrote the following goals for 2014:

At the end of 2014, I would like to look back and have a happy 11 month old baby, be back at my pre-pregnancy weight of 145lbs, and be able to run a 5k in under 30 minutes.

My eating has been on track since I had the baby. I'm surprised how easily I fell back into my old pre-pregnancy healthy eating habits. I've been eating lots of spinach since I'm iron deficient. I've been eating oatmeal mixed with chia seeds and fruit for breakfast. I've been eating a lot of salads or turkey for lunch. Dinner has been ground turkey, salmon or steak with a side of vegetables. I've been allowing myself some dark chocolate but am trying to limit that more now. I'm treating myself to one glass of wine per week, and that's quickly becoming a happy ritual.

I have not had pizza or ice cream since I had the baby!

Also, yesterday, I ran for the first time. Just small intervals, but I ran, and I feel great today. I think my body is ready!


I'm being very careful to listen to my body and stop when anything in my abdominal area feels sore. That's been at 25 minutes for my past 2 workouts, so that's when I stopped. I also found this article from Runner's World, which has good advice for how to starting running again after having a baby. 

The plan for today is to do 50 push ups (on knees, I can no longer do them on my toes), some yoga poses, and to walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes at 1.0 incline and 3.3 speed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment