Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday - the day to get ready for the week

After our walk on the beach we were all tired.



I took a 2 hour nap, and then Ed and I were ready for dinner. We went out for what turned out to be a cheat meal. Nachos, a martini, and frozen yogurt. My willpower was low from being tired, generally worn down and burned out. Not how you want to end a 60-day Paleo challenge, but I am looking at the big picture. What I do needs to work for life, and not just 60 days.






















Bottoms up! It was a relaxing night for Ed and I. I really can't remember the last time we had a full weekend without any work, commitments, blizzards, or illnesses.



The next morning, I did wake up with a bit of food guilt. There's no reason for it, but it was there -- so I made a frittata with just eggs and vegetables. Total prep time of 2 minutes (veggies were precut from Wholefoods). Total cook time 20 minutes. Super easy and a great healthy start to the day.Then I planned my meals for Monday through Wednesday of this week. I will be going to Florida for a day, so I will again need to navigate the airport and hotel buffets for a portion of the week. I will bring apples and whole almonds with me, and hope I find healthy options and make good decisions for the rest.

Pre-gym snack in AM - banana

Breakfasts
2 hard boiled eggs
Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and 

Mid morning snack
Orange, sunflower seeds, sliced turkey (if hungry)

Lunches
Salad
Peaches
Avacado
Almond slivers
Chicken

Mid-afternoon snack
Peppers and guacamole, apple, sliced turkey

Dinners
Spaghetti squash
Ground turkey and pork
Tomato sauce (clean, with no added sugar or chemicals)
-OR-
Ground turkey with fresh salsa

And here's what it looked like when we got it all home from Wholefoods.



Looking at our food, I became extremely proud. There is no packaged food! No crackers, no cookies, no bread, no frozen meals. That's a feat itself, but I'm proud because this is my normal. This is how I eat and have eaten for about 60 days. Prior to the Paleo challenge there would have been more cheese and oatmeal in there, but it would have been similar. 3 or 4 years ago there would have been diet soda, frozen pizzas, boxes of snacks, pasta, ice cream and whatever else looked good at the store. (We still have treats, but they are not part of our weekly shopping).

This afternoon I went to the mall with my sister and then we both went to my gym for a Tabata class. It was hard, but it felt easier than last week. I guess that means I didn't push as hard. That's not surprising - I find my workouts suffer the day after I have alcohol and sugar.

We had one of my all time favorite Paleo dinners tonight - Spaghetti squash with meat sauce. We also made enough for another dinner this week.






Here are my workout goals for the week:
Monday- Crossfit in PM
Tuesday- rest day and packing
Wednesday- run 400m x 6, Personal Training in AM
Thursday- hotel-gym workout
Friday- Personal Training in AM, Fran in the PM
Saturday - Crossfit open workout #1?

My flight is scheduled to get in after 10pm on Thursday, so training at 7am on Friday is a bit of a bummer, but I've missed so many lately, I don't want to cancel. Then weighing in on Friday night stinks because I weighed in first thing in the morning to start the challenge, but I won't have any other choice.

And now it's time to start the week. Should be an interesting one between Florida and finding out what the first Crossfit Open workout is going to be. I've got to stick to eating clean this week and then I'll feel ready and up for the challenge!




No comments:

Post a Comment