Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I love my 13.1 goal

Having a goal is making all of the difference. It's not just any goal though, it's one that came from somewhere within me. I don't know why, but I need to prove to myself I can do this. Every food choice and every workout now has a point. I also am happy to have something to look forward to again.

On Saturday I started Couch to 5k at the gym. I downloaded the app, which was a good move because I like the satisfaction of adding each workout to the completed log. I've never followed a structured program before. I realize now that, before the baby, I was so focused on the numbers on the scale that I would just workout as much as I could. Now, with limited time, I have to be more focused. This is the first time in my weight loss journey that my ultimate goal is fitness related and not weight related.


On Saturday I also jumped rope for the first time in a YEAR. I made it 5 minutes with a few brief stops. I'm hoping to work on this.


On Sunday night I went for a walk with Harper and enjoyed the spring air and sunset while Ed ran intervals to get ready for his race.


Monday I walked with Harper for 90 minutes and I went to my circuit training small group training. It was a tough legs workout. I pushed myself hard by thinking about how I'm going to need strong legs to get through 13 miles.


Tuesday was Couch to 5k again and then I spent about 45 minutes on arms using the machines at the gym. Today is a rest day so I can do Couch to 5k again tomorrow, although I may go to yoga tonight depending on my energy level.

My eating has been in control too. Here are some recent healthy meals.


For the Salmon I just coated it with a little olive oil, lemon juice and dill seasoning. It was awesome!

263 days to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment